Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Feeling A Little Overwhelmed

I feel like we will never get our house in order. Grrr. My list of things that we need to do (and save up for so we CAN do) seems to get longer by the minute. Everyday I notice something new that needs fixing or a touch up. *Le Sigh*
Don't even get me started on The Laundry Room Of Doom! My dream laundry/ mudroom is right now just a concrete slab (and no, not pretty, paintable concrete. It's rough, uneven, poke your bare feet concrete) with unfinished walls that need sanding and spackle and an archaic, ugly washer and dryer. Talk about depressing!


To Do List:
Fix kitchen outlets before Thanksgiving
Prime and paint kitchen cabinets before Thanksgiving
Hang shelves Before Thanksgiving
Sand and spakle kitchen walls before Thanksgiving
Prime and paint kitchen, dining room, living room, guest bathroom and hallway walls...please!
Sand and spackle laundry room walls
Paint laundry room walls
Fix leak in laundry room floor
Buy and apply concrete sealant
Buy and hang blinds, curtains, or roman shades for windows (we hung sheets..Tre tacky. I know)
Paint trim and windows white
Paint carport windows and door

BUT!
My goal as of right now is to just get the kitchen cabinets primed and painted so we can install the shelves and finally start to put away our kitchen things. I'm so sick of living out of boxes! I don't know when we'll find the extra time, but we desperately need to do this before Thanksgiving! Everyone will be coming here!!
To top it all off, our stove and dishwasher outlets currently do not work, Adam's car windows decided to roll on outta sight, and our taxes (to the tune of 1,300) are do in November. Yay me...






P.S.
You may be wondering what we do without a pantry or cabinets that have shelves so I snapped a quick picture of our "pantry". Wouldn't you go crazy too!?




AND I became so sick of frozen microwaved dinners (No stove or oven!!) so I decided to do a little yard sale-ing and bought a gas grill for Adam...our first real grill. I could kiss that thing (and Adam kissed me, let me tell you). It saved me and my bland food world!



Now Adam was at first upset due to the fact that we haven't a single dime to spare, but then I showed him how much money we saved living off Ramun noodles the last few weeks and explained how I used last weeks leftover "food budget" money to buy our grill. 50 bucks! Soooo happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment